0

Pet Sitting Lansdale PAWe love our furbabies but some items in our homes are toxic to them.  Pets are very curious and often pick up and eat things that they shouldn’t!  Of course, how poisonous any substance is depends on the size of your dog and the amount they eat. A common rule to live by is if you would keep it out of your toddler’s reach – you should probably keep it out of your dog’s reach as well!

There are a lot of poisonous substances, but here are a few of the most important for pet owners to know!

1. Chocolate – the darker the chocolate the more dangerous!

2. Over-the-counter medications – including acetaminophen, antihistamines, aspirin, decongestants, Ibuprofen and naproxen.

3. Rat and Mouse poison!

4. Vitamins!

5. Heart medications and anti-depressants!

If you think your dog has ingested a poisonous substance, take your pet to a safe place and call your Veterinarian or a pet poison hotline.  The Pet Poison Hotline number is 1-800-213-6680 (available 24/7).  Always take some of whatever your pet swallowed along with you to your Vet.

~ by Guest Blogger and our Dog Walking Genius, Mary Ann!

For more dog related tips, follow this Lansdale Pet Sitter on Facebook! Or check out our reviews from happy clients!

Leave a Reply